"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Watego's Beach






WATEGO'S BEACH is definitely my favourite of the Byron beaches.
It reminds me of some of the more secluded coves you find at Noosa National Park- so its a touch of home, with the added bonus of being able to see my beloved lighthouse.

I've sat and watched the sun go down, I had my third surfing day (you can see Im slightly getting better at holding the board!), I've seen a firey-hula-hoop-er, and I've had an insanely good picnic with my amazing basket (see dad, told you it was worth all the space is takes up in the van! :p)
....on that picnic note; if you have never tried dried apricots and brie cheese together, DO IT. Incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment