"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The best fish and chips in Australia!

Big call, I know.
Tonight I stayed in Taree at the Twilight caravan park; the old couple that run it are seriously some of the most welcoming and lovely people I've met so far!
I would so like to think that sometimes people can walk away from time with me feeling like I did after talking with these two. In particular, you could tell the husband absolutely loved his job and was so genuinely interested in the stories of those staying at the park. He promptly drew an incredibly detailed map of the town and outlined practically everything I could possibly want or need to go to. After his "best fish & chips in Australia" call I just couldn't resist. And was not let down!! Sooo good, I'm tempted to stay another night JUST so I can have that for dinner again.
Here's some pics I took driving along the coast to/from Taree:
Absolutely love this "Carefree road" sign- add in the deflated balloons and it was photography heaven. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment