"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Springbrook national park!

This was, by far, my favourite place and day of my trip so far! Truly incredible. After our glow worm adventure, our morning in Springbrook started with the discovery of THE most incredible fudge shop. Turkish delight and cookies & cream for me, heaveeeennnn.

I’m not sure if it was the sugar hit or sheer stubbornness that helped me to walk this far, but we walked 9 km’s (!!!) through the Purlingbrook falls circuit and I absolutely fell in love with the magic of it.

Hundreds of photos & some insane blisters later, it felt like every corner brought something more beautiful and impressive than the last. The circuit is in the most incredible rainforest with views to die for. And as the main feature, the falls themselves were insanely impressive.

My face is clearly a failed attempt to look brave; the pools at the bottom “feels like I’m swimming in a bucket of ice!!” but it was such a perfect spot and I just couldn’t pass it up.

Then came my next challenge; if I backed up Andrews efforts of going under the falls, I would be crowned champion of the day (our running tournament for who gets the more comfortable side of the van to sleep on that night, a notable prize!). This ended up being my favourite part of the day, I loved it! So refreshing and liberating.










Just when we thought Springbrook had shown off every one of its beautiful secrets; we found “the best of all lookout”. I loved its name, a sign-posted promise of the greatest view possible. We weren’t disappointed. After my initial “wow….” I was literally speechless for minutes. It’s a view you want to share with everyone you know; I just wish the photos did it justice. I am loving this trip xxxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment