"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have a surfers body!!!

Nope, I didnt wake up tanned and muscly with an awesome 6-pack.. :(
I got the unfortunate version of the surfer body.



Not only am I completely and utterly exhausted after my two afternoons of surfing but oh....my....goodness my muscles are hurting! Like seriously- I didnt even know some of these muscles EXISTED. They've clearly never been used before and apparently they were quite happy that way, and are making sure I know about it!! Ow ow ow ow owwwww. Oh, and to top it all off I have the most insane bruises allll over me, I seriously look like I've been beaten!


So I realise this picture is particularly unattractive but who cares, Im going for the sympathy card!

On the second afternoon I eagerly jumped on the board and instantly rolled off the other side again cause they hit all the same sore spots. Quite amusing to everyone around me, I wasnt too happy though. Lucky my new-found favourite sport is addictively worth it.

Fingers crossed that if I stick with the surfing- the tanned and muscly awesomeness is on its way and the bruises are on their way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment