"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Im taking a little bit of byron with me

After a week in Byron I'm finally tearing myself away. I can honestly see how so many people come here for holidays and never leave...I could so easily become one of them.

Some little Byron highlights you definitely shouldn't miss next time you're there...
The Beach Hotel; THE place to be, day or night, in Byron. Love the view, love the people, love the free internet access ;), LOVE the insanely good wedges with sweet chili & sour cream (best post-surfing food ever created), love the nighttime hippie bands
Mimosa clothing; LOVE this byron based clothing brand. They're stocked in David Jones & boutiques all around Australia but their Byron store was an absolute goldmine; & so much cheaper than in stores! Also loved the "eco mama" store; to die for. On the lines of clothing...I could no joke buy EVERY item of clothing available from sportsgirl atm and be in love with them all; lovinggg their winter style. Now if only I had the money to actually buy ANY of it....sigh
Snorkeling and surfing; is a must-do when you're in byron. I'd never snorkelled before and was slightllyy unco but loved it all the same.

I leave Byron even more in love with it than I arrived... new friends, new lessons, new perspectives. And a better appreciation for the song "Lion man" by mumford and sons...Em, you know what I mean.
Let the adventure continue!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment