"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Monday, March 1, 2010

You can't always trust an irishman

My wise, sexy and super helpful irish lover Sean and I had a massive falling out today.
Sean is my gps/tomtom character who, up until this point, has never lead me astray.
But apparently, Sean enjoys driving in the city about as much as I do...and Sydney proved just a little too overwhelming for him.
It got a little bit messy, and I must admit to yelling back at him even though I was on my own in the car (don't pretend like you've never talked back to yours...thats right, you do don't you). Except my normal & bright "thanks sean!" responses turned into "I CANT GO DOWN THAT STREET, ITS ONE WAY!" and "AHH YOU'RE SO FRUSTRATING!!"
So, Sean and I are having some much needed time apart and I'm currently being directed by Paul the kiwi; my theory is I can't get angry at it because it's such a bad attempt of a NZ accent that its laughable.
If it doesn't work out with Paul, I might just paint a face on a volleyball and go all Tom Hanksy...apparently my sanity is heading in that direction..
In other news; it's so good to be staying with family in Sydney! Am stoked to be here for the next few weeks and catch up with some much-loved and very much missed people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment