"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover".

-Mark Twain

This year I'm lucky enough to be travelling around Australia in a campervan, exploring the beautiful contrasts of this country and discovering new people, places & experiences everyday....Read on to see what today's discovery has been!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kiama


I've been lucky enough to spend the weekend in Kiama at the holiday house of my very generous cousins Scott & Bel (thanks guys!!). This place is gorgeous & if you ever get the chance to spend a weekend I'd definitely recommend it.
Leaving Kiama will be the end of 3 weeks of being spoilt with home comforts in friends & families houses; back on the road! I've loved the last few weeks but I'm definitely excited to hit the road again.
Im seeing way too many awesome things & having way too much fun to not be sharing this with someone though-- my independent streak seems to be lessening & Id be super keen for someone to travel with. Thought about finding someone on one of the 3 billion "travel buddy" sites online, but the idea of somehow ending up with a mass murderer in my van turned me off that thought. Ive come up with a suitability list though, so if you know someone like this... ;)
Must fit the following criteria:
Must have acceptable level of social skills & awareness of social boundaires (apparently harder to find than you'd think)
Must be patient to pull over everytime I yell "ahh i need a photo of that!"
Must be willing to "rough it" yet be a firm believer in daily showering & teeth brushing
Must have full comprehension of the term "just friends" & not confuse it with other terms such as "try harder" or "that means i like you" (has proven a problem in the past)
Must be able to tolerate and/or participate in moments of car kareoke including destinys child & sonia dada's "lover lover"
Must be physically strong enough to hold me back from buying and/or consuming chocolate, of which I am currently banned
Must have a strong appreciation for good music, good company, good food & good conversation
Preferably must love vegemite
I don't ask for much??
If this sounds like you & you have a spare week & a spare couple of hundred dollars then I strongly suggest you give me a call!
If, however, you don't have the money and/or time but do fit the criteria; give yourself a pat on the back, you sound like an absolute masterpiece of a person

1 comment: